Home Page







































Declaration of Faith

Freedom Life Church of God believes the whole Bible to be completely and equally inspired and that it is the written Word of God. The Church of God has adopted the following Declaration of Faith as its standard and official expression of its doctrine.


We Believe:

  • In the verbal inspiration of the Bible.
  • In one God eternally existing in three persons; namely, the Father, Son, and Holy Ghost.
  • That Jesus Christ is the only begotten Son of the Father, conceived of the Holy Ghost, and born of the Virgin Mary. That Jesus was crucified, buried, and raised from the dead. That He ascended to heaven and is today at the right hand of the Father as the Intercessor.
  • That all have sinned and come short of the glory of God and that repentance is commanded of God for all and necessary for forgiveness of sins.
  • That justification, regeneration, and the new birth are wrought by faith in the blood of Jesus Christ
  • In sanctification subsequent to the new birth, through faith in the blood of Christ; through the Word, and by the Holy Ghost.
  • Holiness to be God's standard of living for His people.
  • In the baptism with the Holy Ghost subsequent to a clean heart.
  • In speaking with other tongues as the Spirit gives utterance and that it is the initial evidence of the baptism of the Holy Ghost.
  • In water baptism by immersion, and all who repent should be baptized in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost.
  • Divine healing is provided for all in the atonement.
  • In the Lord's Supper and washing of the saints' feet.
  • In the premillennial second coming of Jesus. First, to resurrect the righteous dead and to catch away the living saints to Him in the air. Second, to reign on the earth a thousand years.
  • In the bodily resurrection; eternal life for the righteous, and eternal punishment for the wicked


Freedom Life History

The Freedom Life Church of God was organized in West Tulsa on November 19, 1944 as the West Tulsa Church of God by founding pastor Rev. A. B. Smith. The church began with 7 members: A.E. Thompson, D.E.Church, Fannie Church, Lala Blade, Opal Moore and Anabell Fisher. The church was located at 1600 South Quanah St until it moved in 1945 to 2002 South Phoenix St. We pay tribute to each of the charter members and their dedication to the church. Although they have gone on to be with the Lord, their sacrifices and dedication to the church has enabled us to be what we are today.

The church remained at the South Phoenix address until it was destroyed by fire in 1965. This tragedy did not stop the church from pressing on and in December of 1966 the church was built at its present location.

Since these humble beginnings, God has continued to bless the congregation at Freedom Life Church of God. We give God all the glory and honor for what he has done and what he will be doing in the future.